Thursday, August 6, 2015

August Disneyland Day - OOTD!

As I’ve said before, I’m a massive Disney nerd and what do Disney nerds who live in SoCal do? Correct, they go to Disneyland excessive amounts. So today I have another Disneyland OOTD for you!!

Taylor and I hit up the park on a busy summer Saturday. Unlike the last time we went, which was during SoCal’s “June Gloom” and therefore offered us what Southern Californians consider very gray chilly weather, the weather in August was HOT. Like, so so so crazy hot. My outfit was a success however – by which I mean I spent a whole Disney day feeling COMFORTABLE.
 
Sunglasses: Ray-Bans
Tank: Hot Topic
Shorts: 21 Men
Shoes: Target
 
My theme for my outfit was a Disney Grunge vibe – inspired initially by this A.W.E.S.O.M.E. muscle tank I found at Hot Topic. I work in a mall which has a Hot Topic in which is a recipe for disaster aka shopping because I often find myself wasting time there on my lunch breaks!

I’m a huge fan of Hot Topic’s Disney merchandise – in my opinion they sell the best, most varied selection of Disney merch out of any store including Disney stores. I spend hours looking at their Disney merch online but I had actually never seen this tank till I saw it in the store and then I knew I had to have it!

It is of course a play on the famous Nirvana ‘Never Mind’ cover but instead it reads ‘Neverland’ with a design of Peter Pan, Wendy, John and Michael flying past the moon! Peter Pan was my favourite Disney movie as a child and of course I’ve grown up listening to Nirvana so I was obsessed with this.
 

 
I went for an accidental Lost Boy vibe with these amazing shorts from Forever 21’s men’s section on the bottom. I actually saw these in a Summer Outfit Ideas YouTube video and I knew I HAD to have them. I love how they are so insanely distressed – the description actually calls them not distressed but “destroyed”! I think they are at the same time super masculine and super sexy, because they are so distressed that although they are knee length they show a LOT of leg!

On my feet I wore Vans-style slip-ons by Target which were super duper affordable at just $15 and have really become my go to shoe since I bought them!
 
I had a wonderful day at Disneyland - it was the first time we had been while the Diamond Anniversary celebrations were in full swing and the park was just magical. We stayed late to see the new Paint The Night parade and it was the most stunning thing EVER!
 
 
 
I always have such a fabulous romantic time whenever Taylor and I go to Disney! I actually have another Disneyland trip coming up at the end of August which I am SO SO SO excited for - we are doing a full weekend trip!! So another Disney OOTD post will be coming very soon!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment